Thursday, March 29, 2012

Waist & Power

I decided for my post today to switch it up and add some video content instead of the usual text and pictures. I've been exceptionally busy lately but I will try and do a better post by the end of the week.

If you've ever spent even a short amount of time in Ghana, you should be familiar with some of the 'classic' songs that are played all the time. Waist & Power is no exception! I hear this song all the time and you can't help but sing along to the catchy chorus of the song after you have heard it a few times. I really love how the music in Ghana fits so perfectly with the Ghana attitude - not being in a hurry and being happy. It's also interesting to see how the music videos are the same or differ from our music videos.


The wonderful internet led me to discover an even better version of this song! A Chipmunks version! It is pretty good for a laugh. I also love the Chipmunk movies. I must say I was still surprised that someone had taken the time to turn this song into a Chipmunk version!


Another song by the same artist who sing Waist & Power is a song called Yesi Yesi which is also heard all the time. The artist, 4X4 is quite popular in Ghana and I hear their songs wherever I go in Ghana.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment by clicking on the comment button below